1. The African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights (ACHPR) is an Organ of the African Union (AU) established by the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights (the African Charter). The ACHPR’s Secretariat is in Banjul, The Gambia. It is the oldest and most accessible continental human rights treaty body in Africa. The ACHPR is mandated to promote and protect human and peoples’ rights in Africa, interpret the African Charter and to perform any other tasks which may be entrusted to it by the AU Assembly of Heads of State and Government. In this regard, the ACHPR carries out sensitization, public mobilization and information dissemination through seminars, symposia, conferences, workshops and missions in execution of its human rights promotion mandate. Within the framework of its protection mandate, the ACHPR ensures protection of human and peoples’ rights through its communication/human rights complaints handling procedure, amicable settlement of disputes, referral of cases to the African Court on Human and Peoples’ Rights, state reporting (including consideration of Non-Governmental Organizations’ shadow reports), provisional measures, urgent appeals and other activities of special rapporteurs and working groups and missions.
2. The overall objective is for The Secretariat of the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights (ACHPR) to engage the services of a reputable Media and Communication firm/Company to provide media services during the 75th Ordinary Session, which will include to provide photographer & video person to capture all events, provide camera person dedicated for Live Streaming, provide picture package for the conference in digital format, provide audio & video package of all recordings conducted in digital format (mp3 & mp4) for uploading on to ACHPR website
3. ACHPR invites eligible Media and Communication Company to submit their expression of Interest in providing the Services. Interested Companies should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are: (a) Company's experience in similar assignments for more than five (5) years; (b) Company’s experience in similar conditions; and (c) availability of appropriate skills and experience of not less than 10 years in the field among staff (d) submission of copy of certified registration documents.
4. A suitable Company will be selected in accordance with the Consultancy Qualification Selection method (CQS). The selection procedure shall be done in accordance with the AU Procurement Manual, version 2.0 dated July 2016.
5. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours between 08:30 hours and 05:30 hours.
6. The Proposal submission must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by courier, or by e-mail - email@example.com) by 26th April 2023.
7. The Terms of Reference (ToR) of this assignment can be downloaded at www.achpr.org or contact +220 440 505/6 or +220 230 43 61
Chairperson Internal Procurement Committee
African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights
31 Bijilo Annex Layout
Banjul, - The Gambia
+220 440 505/6 or +220 230 43 61