Final Communiqué of the 35th Extra-Ordinary Session Ordinary Session of the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights
- Type :
- Working Documents
- Language :
- Publisher :
04 April 2022
1. The African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights (the Commission) held its 35th Extra-Ordinary Session on 04 April 2022 virtually.
2. The Session was chaired by Honourable Commissioner Rémy Ngoy Lumbu, Chairperson of the Commission, assisted by Honourable Commissioner Maya Sahli-Fadel, Vice-Chairperson of the Commission.
3. The Session was attended by the following members of the Commission:
i. Honourable Commissioner Rémy Ngoy Lumbu, Chairperson;
ii. Honourable Commissioner Maya Sahli-Fadel, Vice-Chairperson;
iii. Honourable Commissioner Hatem Essaiem;
iv. Honourable Commissioner Maria Teresa Manuela;
v. Honourable Commissioner Mudford Zachariah Mwandenga;
vi. Honourable Commissioner Marie Louise Abomo;
vii. Honourable Commissioner Janet Ramatoulie Sallah-Njie;
viii. Honourable Commissioner Ourveena Geereesha Topsy-Sonoo; and
ix. Honourable Commissioner Idrissa Sow.
4. The Commission considered and discussed the following issues:
i. The complementary relationship between the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights and the African Court on Human and Peoples’ Rights;
ii. Paper on Pending Applications for Observer Status; and
iii. AOB matters arising from the Commission’s 70th Ordinary Session.
5. After deliberations, the Commission took some decisions.
Done on 04 April 2022