Final Communiqué of the 34th Extra-Ordinary Session of the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights
- Type :
- Working Documents
- Language :
- Publisher :
24 August 2021
1. The African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights (“the Commission”) held its 34th Extra-Ordinary Session (“the Session”) on 24 August 2021, virtually, due totheCOVID-19 pandemic.
2. The Session was chaired by Honourable Commissioner Rémy Ngoy Lumbu, Vice- Chairperson.
3. The following Members of the Commission participated in the Session:
i. Honourable Commissioner Rémy Ngoy Lumbu; Vice Chairperson
ii. Honourable Commissioner Maya Sahli-Fadel;
iii. Honourable Commissioner Jamesina Essie L. King;
iv. Honourable Commissioner Hatem Essaiem;
v. Honourable Commissioner Maria Teresa Manuela;.; and
vi. Honourable Commissioner Marie Louise Abomo.
4. Honourable Commissioner Alexia Gertrude Amesbury and Honourable Commissioner Mudford Zachariah Mwandenga were absent with apologies.
5. The Commission considered and adopted its agenda, without amendments.
6. The Commission was presented with an update on the work thus far, of the Commission of Inquiry on the Situation in the Tigray Region of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.
7. The Commission considered and adopted the following Resolutions on the Renewal of the Mandate of the Commission of Inquiry on the Situation in the Tigray Region of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and Resolution on the Validation of the Appointment of the Co-opted Members of the Commission of Inquiry on the Situation in the Tigray Region of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.
8. The Resolutions will be made available on the website of the Commission on: www.achpr.org
Done virtually this 24th day of August 2021