Location: Banjul, The Gambia
Application Deadline: 16 December 2022
Type of Contract: Service Contract (Fixed-term)
Languages Required: English. Knowledge of a second language will be a distinct advantage
Duration of Contract: Initial duration of one year
The African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights (ACHPR) is an organ of the African Union established by the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights. The ACHPR’s Secretariat is located in Banjul, The Gambia. The ACHPR is mandated to promote and protect human and peoples’ rights in Africa, interpret the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights (the African Charter) and to perform any other tasks which may be entrusted to it by the Assembly of Head of State of Government. In seeking to effectively deliver on its mandate, the ACHPR invites applications from service providers suitable.
The ACHPR is a multi-cultural, Inter-governmental organization committed to achieving a workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from all African Union Member states are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The General Administrative Clerk is expected to provide reliable services and should ensure high accuracy of work and reliable clerical services to within the Secretariat.
The service provider should demonstrate a client-oriented approach, tack and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
Office Orderly Functions
- general photocopying;
- printing & scanning;
- binding of documents;
- filing of documents;
- any other general administrative assignment that may be assigned from time to time.
- positive attitude
- pleasant disposition
- consistent attention to detail
- ability to meet set deadline
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education. Some typing skills required and knowledge of sound record-keeping procedures
- 3 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to work with computer and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)Secondary education. Some typing skills required and knowledge of sound record-keep procedures
- Fluency in the African Union and national of The Gambia.
- Knowledge of another AU language will be a distinctive advantage.
The monthly pay for service rendered shall be D25, 000.00
Applications must be received not later than 16 December 2022 and should be addressed to:
Chairperson of Internal Procurement Committee
Secretariat of the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights
31 Bijilo Annex Layout, Kombo North District Western Region
P.O.Box 673 Banjul The Gambia
Tel:(+220) 4410505,(+220) 4410506