The major goal of the Information and Documentation Centre (IDOC) of the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights (the African Commission), is to provide appropriate, reliable, timely and efficient information services to the Commission, the Secretariat, and other users, as appropriate
The major goal of the Information and Documentation Centre (IDOC) of the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights (the African Commission), is to provide appropriate, reliable, timely and efficient information services to the Commission, the Secretariat, and other users, as appropriate.
The Objective of the African Commission’s Information & Documentation Centre is to receive, process, store, retrieve, and disseminate materials designed to provide information about the African Commission in particular and the African Union in general, and to promote increased awareness about its aims and activities through various information tools and mechanisms.
- The Information and Documentation Centre handles all the African Commission’s documentation efforts for all Sessions, meetings, workshops, trainings, and all other public events.
- IDOC is responsible for collecting, processing, storing, retrieving, and disseminating all the information materials relevant to the work of the Commission
- IDOC also serves as the first point of reference for States, researchers, academics, civil society and many other categories interested in the African human rights system.
The collection includes, but not limited to, the following:
- Audiovisual materials (CD, DVD, VHS);
- Professional and scholarly texts and journals;
- Initial/Periodic reports of AU Member States;
- Regional and International Instruments;
- Reviews/Journals/Periodicals/Serials/ Articles/Studies/Reports/Newsletters;
- Constitutions (including the amended texts) of all African Union Member States;
- Official documents of Government Institutions, NGOs, & Agencies
The aim of IDOC is to disseminate human rights issues to the wider public. The following categories of users, in order of priority, with different access levels, are the eligible users of the Information & Documentation Centre:
- Staff members of the African Union Commission;
- Staff Members of State Embassies in Gambia;
- Government Line Ministries;
- Implementing / Operational Partners related directly to Human Rights issues;
- The Media
OPEN Monday - Friday
8:30am - 1:30pm and 2:30pm – 5:30pm